Our One Year Anniversary
"Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle." - Napoleon Hill
We have officially completed our first year of business. Bianca and I are extremely thankful to everyone who has supported us on this journey.
Our families have been there as sounding boards, providing a wealth of experience and knowledge which has been immeasurably helpful. Personally, my father has gone above and beyond to help me succeed in this: his background in the field of bedding has been tremendous, and being able to utilize his connections in the industry is why we were able to deliver such a high-quality product from day one. He shared how he has developed FloBeds into the best latex mattress company in the country
Bianca has gotten a chance to experience my hometown up-close and personally, and it has been a positive experience for us both. Many people warned us about working together as a couple, but I believe it has only brought us closer together and made us stronger as a unit. (I also have learned you do not come home empty handed post-argument. Ben and Jerry's or Chocolate seems to do the trick.)
My former roommate from when I came up with the Bed Bandits idea, Paul Conyers, has gone above and beyond to be a part of Bed Bandits and continually puts in late nights after his job that pays the bills to help us get where we are going!
We both have learned that failures do not mean defeat; that we cannot give up because one person or group doesn't understand what we are doing or offering. One of the most common reasons for failure is quitting when one is overwhelmed with the setback of the temporary defeat. Because this is our dream, our future and our life, those defeats early on were heavy blows to our confidence that challenged our self-esteem and ability to push on. But the support we received along the way from our supporters, our loved ones, and one another, helped us to not only push past these setbacks, but recognize them for what they are: lessons. Learning from these lessons helps us continually improve, resulting in a better company. And here's what the future holds for Bed Bandits:
- We have positioned ourselves well for this summer, which we believe will go well, thanks to the six partnerships we were able to form with six amazing universities!
- We are excited to have become Corporate Partners for two housing associations: the North West Association of College and University Housing Officers (NWACUHO) and the Western Association of College and University Housing Officers (WACUHO).
- We look forward to reaching a wider audience.
- Continuing our growth and out-producing each previous quarter.
- Continuing to find new avenues for sales: RVs, camping (or "glamping"), sleepovers, hotels, B&Bs, and more.
- Continuing to help those in need get a good night's sleep and get back on their feet.
- Remembering that we control our destiny and should not stop striving for what we truly want.
We believe we will achieve all of this with the same fortitude, ingenuity, and unwavering belief in our cause that has gotten us where we are today. We thank all of you for your support and hope you'll continue believing in us as we continue this adventure. Here's to a great second year!
Leave a comment