The Answer Is Always: You Can't, If You Won't
Recently, our Co-Founder and Sleep Ambassador Patrick Turner spoke at the Alpha Delta Awards at Holy Names University. It was an honor for him to be asked back on the campus of his alma mater to deliver a speech about the evening's theme, "rising above."
Patrick was introduced by his college basketball coach Omar Sanchez. Omar spoke highly of Patrick’s achievements, both in and out of school. It was a great reminder of what a dedicated student-leader he was.
Following Omar's very kind introduction, Patrick gave an impassioned speech where he discussed his experiences as an entrepreneur and the lessons learned along the way. His presentation to the student body included six key pieces of advice:
- Challenge yourself to get outside of your comfort zone and step up in different ways.
- Quiet the voice in your head. You must get past it to truly grow.
- Don't be afraid to go for what you want.
- Relationships are everything: You never know who is going to open up a door for you, and how they will impact your future, whether good or bad.
- These are not years to be "wasted" simply because you are young. These are years you can fail, and it is more than okay. This is the time to learn lessons with a safety net of a university supporting you.
- Never turn down an opportunity, just because you don't believe you can do it. The answer is always: you can't, if you won't.
It was a great night that not only was a tremendous honor for Patrick, but a wonderful way for him to showcase the core values of Bed Bandits.
Great job, Patrick!
Leave a comment
Also in The Band(it) Wagon
Order at flobeds.com
Packie and Bianca are working on their new/old venture . FloBeds is handling Bed Bandit fulfillment. Just follow this link to order toppers:
This link will be at the bottom of each page.